- 9 ounces (255 grams) uncooked pasta
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon zest, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. A food processor is best, but a blender may work too. Combine the garlic and basil until minced. Add the lemon juice, avocado, oil and 1 tablespoon of water. Blend until smooth.
3. Drain the pasta and put back in the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir until combined.
4. Top with lemon zest, basil, and/or parmesan cheese.