- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 diced red bell peppers
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ cup of beef broth
- ½ cup of dry red wine
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- mozzarella cheese for topping
1. Click the 'sauté' setting on your instant pot and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Once the oil is simmering, add chopped onion, carrots, and bell pepper to your instant pot. Stir and cook until onion is translucent.
3. Add ground beef and garlic. Cook until completely browned 5-7 minutes.
4. Once the meat is no longer pink and cooked thoroughly, add spices and red wine.
5. Cook until wine is reduced down, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add beef stock, tomatoes, and beans.
7. Seal your instant pot and cook for 15 minutes.
8. Once plated, top with mozzarella cheese (optional).