-1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 diced red bell peppers
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup of beef broth
-½ cup of dry red wine
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
1. Click saute setting on instant pot and a 1 tbsp of olive oil.
2. Once the oil is simmering add chopped onion and bell pepper to instant pot. Stir and cook until onion is translucent.
3. Add ground beef and garlic. Cook until completely browned 5-7 minutes.
4. Once the meat is no longer pink and cooked thoroughly, add spices and red wine.
5. Cook until wine is reduced down, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add beef stock, tomatoes, and stir.
7. Seal IP and cook for 15 minutes.
Recipe submitted by Carpe Diem Nutrition Intern, Katie Seaton