- 2 cups unsalted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 of an egg white, whisked
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Add sugars, cinnamon, salt and cayenne in a large bowl and whisk until evenly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk 1/2 the egg white until frothy. Measuring a half of an egg white does not need to be exact, but using the whole egg white is usually too much liquid.
4. Add pecans to whisked egg whites and coat evenly.
5. Top with the sugar mixture and toss until well combined.
6. Spread mixture out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 40 minutes, checking on them every 15 minutes or so to give them a stir.
7. Pecans are done when fragrant and the sugar coating is cooked.
8. Remove from oven, and let the baking sheet cool on a cooling rack.
9. Once cooled completely, store in an a sealed container to retain freshness.