- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (or cooking spray)
- 1 cup of finely chopped fresh cauliflower or frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of canned black beans
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (omit for a vegan bowl)
- 1/2 cup of baby kale, chopped red cabbage or other leafy greens
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salsa, sour cream and/or avocado for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
2. When hot, add cauliflower and sauté for a few minutes until tender.
3. Transfer cauliflower to your serving bowl and use the hot pan to quickly warm the black beans. Alternately, you can warm the black beans in the microwave while the cauliflower is cooking.
4. Top the cauliflower with the warm beans, cheese, greens, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream or other garnishes.
5. This bowl can be customized with almost any cooked or raw vegetable.